Saturday, January 19, 2008

Bacon, Jim Gaffigan Style.

Jim Gaffigan is one of the funniest comedians out there today. A few years ago, I saw him on Comedy Central doing a bit about Hot Pockets which had me crying. Tonight, I caught him on Letterman doing a bit about bacon. Five full minutes about bacon. Nothing lewd or remotely blue, it was pure clean comedic brilliance -- the stuff that makes Bill Cosby and Larry Miller and Jerry Seinfeld legendary. Don't get me wrong -- I love dark, harsh, profanity-infused comedy as much as the next guy. But when you can craft a piss-your-pants funny routine out of something as simple and ubiquitous as bacon, that's talent, pure and unmitigated.

I cribbed this off of YouTube, and once the Late Show with David Letterman site posts tonight's performance, I'll toss it up here as a replacement (not sure if they let people embed clips). Enjoy.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home